Interior of Tuttle Drug Store, with Winnifred Tuttle (1893 - 1973) behind counter. The pharmacy was opened on April 18, 1887 at 551 Lighthouse Avenue, and remained in business at the same location for over 50 years. The Tuttle family lived in the large apartment above the pharmacy. Winnifred was the youngest of the three Tuttle children, and served as Pacific Grove's first telephone operator (around the age of 12). She followed in her father, Charles', footsteps, and obtained CA pharmacist license #7726. She married Pacific Improvement Co. real estate executive Andrew Beaumont in 1925. C.K. Tuttle's legs and tripod are reflected in case glass front & center.